Sore legs and bruised ego

You remember how excited I was to start running again. And how amazed I was at the fact that a year off and no training I some how got faster... 


(One of my current books, I am all into my running)

I even felt brave enough to rejoin the world of fun races and singed up for 10k and 5k races. 
However due to poor health, thank you preschool, I didn’t run for over a month. With my new shiny phone that works like magic. 
Also due to Snowmaggedon the 10k race is postponed until further notice. Honestly, I will not be signing up for St David’s Day race ever again. It’s second time something went wrong, even if the 1st time around I couldn’t be bothered to get you out of bed. It’s doomed I say!
But I did the 5k last Sunday. It was nice little race about 200 people, fun organisation and I almost got lifted by young weight lifting champion. I would have crushed the poor fella! 
As for the run it self it was a good route around the park, pretty standard actually for the races that take place in Bute Park. But it suddenly got really warm. And I was warm. Also my new wireless headphones aren’t actually great for running... 
And my old phone gps tracker was off... like by a kilometre! 
I crossed the finish line at 32 minutes and 35 minute on my Runkeeper app (I stated the app a bit early, fool). 



Even the time was disappointing I understand that I didn’t train much. And my race day was anything but perfect. See that red face, yeah I was too hot. But I did enjoy the race day, fun to get to bunch of other lunatics and just go for it then crush onto the ground with a chocolate and water while looking at your new race bling! 



The round medal was about 3 years ago and this one this year! Will possibly be getting a next year one too!
So at that point I still didn’t know that my old gps was off... I went for a run on Tuesday to loosen up the tight muscles. And in January the same route was just under 5k this week it was under 4k. And then I understood I didn’t get faster. I mean no one gets faster without training! 
Well know I have all the facts and all the data. I am not sure if I would be able to go back to running club, they really helped get the 10k under an hour if just but few seconds... but I have rejoined the gym. 
And I am excited about it! 
There is work to be done! A lot of work... like lose a bit of flab and get strong again!
But for now I am nursing yet another cold! My whole family has it. Thank you preschool... 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo