Roller Derby Wannabe

I have this awesome friend, who I don’t see very often but I know she is always there for me. But on the rare occasions we do meet. And we talk, we eat, we drink we have fun. 
We used to see each other pretty much every day and if not at work then in the gym... 
this time I actually managed to get Egg man to his grandparents for the whole weekend. So no early wake up with a wine head. It should have been epic and it was coz few days before the X day I got the text asking if I wanted to go roller skating before dinner. 
Damn right I did. The to Drew Barrymore and Shauna Cross I was all roller derby since 2009 when Whip it! film came out. I even got the skates that year for Christmas. But I think I only used them once. 
Oh it was so fun. Slightly worried about all the kiddies around but fun and different activity. 



Physical fun followed by some awesome Italian food at an independent Italian place... 



 
And bottle of Vediccio and 2 Aperol cocktails... this mama was happy. 

So happy in fact that I want to revisit my dreams of derby. For now I want to find my DVD and lend Viera the book. 

Actually the roller skating was a good fun, legs remembered after a circle. Muscle memory is a wonderful thing. I was very apprehensive of the little ones around and sort of wished that it was adults only so if you do knock them over they can actually take it  and will not have protective parents around. 
Oh our event actually had some instructors on the rink too. And that lady was amazing. You know that song that tell you “move to the right, now every body clap your hands” she did the dance routine with bunch of adoring fans who were pushing 11! I never knew you can do Cha-cha in roller skates! 

Also discovered the Aperol Top. Basically orange, mint, ice and Aperol with tonic! Wonderful thing and no need to fuss with ‘Secco! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies