Christmas traditions

I didn’t celebrate Christmas till 2006... yes, you read it right. And no I wasn’t in any cult or religions that doesn’t do Christmas. I just lived in Russia where Christmas is on 7th January for starters and we mainly celebrate New Year’s Eve... 



I also work in catering and hospitality so this means a lot of drunks and mischief so you really start to resent holidays a bit. 
But my husband love Christmas so I sort of love Christmas too! It rubbed off on me!


(Egg is ready to decorate the tree)

 All the tasty food, wonderful gifts, family time and fab Christmas specials on tele. Yes I am this excited about Dr Who! And also early bed if you want to... 
With arrival of Edgar our priority changed. House has to be very magical, Santa should be met... but Edgar is only three and really doesn’t care much. He wasn’t impressed with meeting Santa last year and really didn’t care about making cookies with Dada on Christmas Eve.... and he pulled the tree down last year and stayed under it not making noise and breaking his baby’s first Christmas bauble... 
But this little munchkin grew up so much even in last few months and Dada has 6 days off over Christmas so we are going to do many things. 
We made cards with little one. They still need some grownup adjustment and we made just couple... (so if you won’t get these don’t be upset)
We decorated the tree together. Some snow globes didn’t make it... 
We are going to make cookies and set a plate for Santa.
We are having a book advent. (Well almost) 
I will be introducing Christmas Eve box.
And we also going to go to Welsh Caroling service. 
And it’s just going to be three of us. So not to overwhelm little guy. We will be staying with family before the day. 
And mama is cooking Christmas lunch. I already did it twice and I think I know now what I am doing!
 

 
I had a make roasts twice. I never actually roasted anything in my life! Yeah shocker I know. So 1st attempt was a disaster chicken was undercooked so were the carrots, parspins but roasted potatoes were burnt! But the picture above is the second attempt and a success! 
So yeah if you never cooked the festive lunch before I would advise to try the dishes up and definilu follow the recipe! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo