Timelines

A friend of mine got in touch yesterday. We haven’t seen each other for years, I think it might be about 8 years if not more, he said our colleague when we all used to work in the bar has passed away and it was almost 2 years ago. He just found out. I had no idea either... 
This truly is shocking she was so young. And what I found more shocking that I had no idea this had happened. 
This news made me think about how life is busy and complicated. And short. How I don’t actually talk to people I used to live with, or people I used to work with... how all his social media meant to keep us connected but it is clearly not doing its job. But don’t worry I won’t forget to say happy birthday on your birthday, my Facebook will remind me. 
I suppose it is narual that not all our relationship meant to last... and how we know about what celebrity died and not a girl you used to work with for over a year. What does this say about our culture and society?! (It’s a rhetorical, and food for thought) 
Hopefully catching up for a drink soon with this friend of mine. It is well over due! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies