Clearing out

When my mum was here I finally cleared out my wardrobe... this was difficult. 
After having Edgar my body obviously changes. And due to laziness and me not working I cannot justify gym nor I have time for it. Gosh sometimes I really miss it. I wouldn’t say I am super gym active or super sporty but I do miss that muscle ache you get after working out... same as I wouldn’t say I am super unfit. I walk a lot! But my body is a bit cuddlier than it used to be before I had Edgar. And it’s ok it’s natural even... 
But this change also means that I am still holding on to clothes that are too small or uncomfortable to wear. I also have a big hoard of vintage dresses that either too small or in need of some TLC. 
So I had to let go and actually admit that I am unlikely to lose weight or/and I won’t wear that skirt or that dress ever!



And it is super hard. Some clothes were loving worn and had some events attached to them like my wedding dress. Or sourced when I lived in London or awesome vintage faires or eBay. 
We packed Ikea bag full of stuff to sell and two bags full of stuff to donate. And one more bag to recycle at H&M. I know that most charity shops do recycle too but they only rely on volonteers so it doesn’t seem fair for them to dig through the bag that it is destined for the recycling. 
Yes you have read it right I am getting rid of my wedding dress. It was just a silk pink knee length and if anything I never actually fit into it. It was hard to breath in Bridget Jones type of underwear. But my huddy intervened and asked me not to sell it. Well we made a packed, if in 5 years we are having a second child, a girl, she can have it. But if not I will sell it. 
I am actually more attached to my wedding shoes, nude patent leather heel sandals from LK.Bennett I haven’t wore them for years and haven’t even tried them on (my feet got wide) and I won’t but I will keep these shoes! 
Selling stuff is proving difficult. I am using eBay. And every time a nice item doesn’t sell I want to question people’s taste. And sometimes mine! But I have a rule of letting go of my stuff. If it doesn’t sell and won’t be suitable to sell in summer I will donate the item. Also keep some stuff for my mate in Russia who if she won’t give me her measurement isn’t getting anything!  (Hint hint!)
Letting go is difficult, however I cannot stop now... 
I urge you to let go of things you don’t need in your life too. It is actually feel lighter and easier.... I also want to urge you shop more mindfully and really think before you buy. Especially since today UK embraces Black Friday marketing campaign. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies