There is no such thing as a Gruffalo!

About a year ago my mother in law got us tickets to see Gruffalo on stage in New Theatre in the end of summer. We pretty much been waiting for this for about a year. Well I was.
All the recent cinema visits were disastrous when we had to leave after about 20 mins of the start of the film. I was very worried. 
Also the pushy box office lady sold us tickets right in the front and in the middle... this didn't help my anxiety about out first theatrical visit.
Also my little cutie pie was a really difficult all week... maybe he is that threenager stage when it's only his way or no other way. But he doesn't talk so this resolves in massive tantrums. 



When I saw the flocks of children all different ages I have relaxed. My demon baby won't cry first. 
But he had a major melt down when his pram been folded and taken away. 
Then he didn't want to take his sit. But followed me anyway. Note to all the parents bring snacks, sweets and raisins kept him busy while he was trying to figure out that the play was actually fun and interesting. 
Well the Gruffalo is a great show. Egg was interested, he was looking on stage with excitement. I think he understood and even roared at the roary bit when we were scaring the fox. I laughed loudly too so did my mother in law. Everything was good. But bully the end he got a bit fed up and accidentally banged his head on the armrest. Poor monkey was really upset. 
Leaving the theatre there was of course a big queue but some one wasn't happy. I had to drag him into the corner and leave him to tantrum. It was bad. I felt bad. It was so publicly but it was the best thing I could do. I couldn't leave and he wouldn't calm down. One lady offered to call for help, another said she would take him. We have a little chat about the drama and how much we enjoyed the show. And then he came down. 
I guess the people who offered help either thought he is different, and that I looked young and stressed I guess. But the concern was generally coming from kind place and I didn't feel judged... 
but all and all it was a very nice experience and good things definitely outweighed the bad. 


(Angelic appearances are deceiving)

But he threw 2 more bigs ones.
He wanted to walk in different direction than me and almost run out on the road. So I had to grab him and put him in the pram and tell him off. 
I seem to do a lot of this at the moment. Just keep saying that I am the boss not him and listening to him being annoyed and cry. 
My arms muscles hurt from wresting with this threenager but I can win this. I know. I just need sleep. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

Snoopies