My new plant baby

Plants are great! They pretty they produce oxygen and just make house feel like a home. However nothing compares to growing a plant from a seed or a just a small cutting. 
I guess you have seen a lot of people growing avocados from the pit. It loooks fun and super satisfying. It is a super poprular thing to do they even growing an avacoado in Big Bang Theory.
So I have been trying to grow one like well for about 6-9 months now. My previous attempt been dug out from the pot by little man. Naughty child! 
But I persevered... 

 
 
It was super easy just required a lot of patience. The how to's seems to be all in favour of sticking toothpicks into the pit and letting it sort of float above the water... well I don't have any or ever had them in the house so I just stick the pits into the espresso cups. Once the roots got long enough I moved the pit into this cute vintage milk bottle 


These are now my cutting and growing stuff in bottles. 
And just keep changing water and topping it up. The pits are super hungry. 
I planted mine when the little leaves have appeared. 
They are now twice the size and I have 2 more pits about to sprout roots on the kitchen windowsill. 

 

Now this unusual looking plant sits on the light living room windowsill.
Give it a try it's really easy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo