Job hunting. Stepping away from hospitality

As you know I have been looking for a job... I had few phone interviews and few in person. One of them actually went really well but the shifts patterns isn't fitting in with child care. And is what the trouble is.
Child care is also expensive and I pretty much will be working for nursery but that's ok. Edgar will have more of social life with other kids and it would be nice for me to get out of the house and actually speak to grown ups. Even if I am totally shitting myself about how Egg will cope, how I would cope. I am most definitely not doing it for money I am doing it for sanity.
Also I have only worked in hospitality industry and not many people seem to get that hotel reception is like super extensive admin experience and managing... like of everything. Every employers but the employment agencies. Well they are either in for the money or actually know their stuff...


I actually spoke to one of my mates who is a manager in a busy coffee shop saying how work requirement, flexible working hours and weekends seem to eliminate all of the stay at home parents. And he finds this really unfair! I'm glad working force also thinks that too. 
But for now I just stay annoyed sleep-deprived mama. We all have been rather poorly this past week and think that might be a reason why the little man wakes up when it is still night... 
However did you hear about Flex Appeal? It's this wonderful flash mob - campaign to urge the employers to be more flexible with 9-5 Monday to Friday! They did the cutest dance demonstration I guess in London few weeks back. And in this post Mother Pukka explains pro of this system. 
I suppose I can do the agency work. This will give me flexibility with work I need but nursery aren't as flexible either. I love our nursery but they have only limited spaces  and once I commit to days selected it they aren't to flexible to change and agency aren't a steady work. So what is this? Catch 22 all over again? I really hope I would find something soon... Ish. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo