Amazing evening. Best £5 spent

Do you know the expression that you should always spend money on experiences and memories rather than on things... I can easily say that it was one of the best £5 I have ever spent.


I love to read... and I pretty much read everything: romance, mysteries, fantasy, classics... I actually read one or two Twilight books then I decided I have better things to do than to read that trash, no offence guys, but I can write better. Charlaine Harris' books are my guilty pleasure, I was not as hooked on Harper Connolly series as much as Aurora Teagarden and of course Sookie Stackhouse. Aurora's adventures are more normal and usually I am ok if I put the book down, Sookie novels are different story. I love the characters... with True Blood series the leads are more livid in my head then before the series. I cannot wait to get tuck in to the last book but then I am also trying to postpone that. I will get sad that there would be no more books after this one... 



So on the facebook and Charlaine'e website (note to self: must read her blog more often) it was announced that she is visiting UK. I was over the moon, I live in the big city now and surely she would be here. And she was. 
The queue was massive... I should think so because so many people do not read! I never been to a book signing before, it was a fascinating experience. Very diverse crowd, all ages. Some cool feminist roller derby girls, pink haired girls, their mothers, housewives, old chaps, men who appreciate easy reading urban novel, bloggers, writers, pretensions idiots... And we all were very hot, it was sticky hot. I imagine just like in Louisiana. 




Ms Harris told us about the next things she is working on, including the graphic novel. About the last book a bit, that some people actually send her death threats... How horrible is that? She was very upset about this, and not looking forward to do another long series of books, I mean surely she is but not at the same time. 

She had a lovely southern accents, and was very funny... She speaks like she writes... fun and inspiring. It was also very nice of her to answer the questions from the audience, that was fascinating. I do think she was quiet uncertain about the Brummie accent. 


(not the best picture of me... I look preggers... and mom, no I am not with child!)
I also can bet I was the only Daria she was singing for... I'm very happy having met her and having a quick word. I did say that sometimes I would be sitting now moving reading her books, she said that some things are just that important. 



Really made my day.. 
Yes I am a bit geeky like that... I had a fabulous time. 

Thank you, Charlaine Harris, for writing such fun books!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the gym

Size vs hot mama bod!

new job... award a new tattoo